After.com is an internet-first funeral home and end of life platform, offering a tech-enabled service that allows people to arrange a cremation online and pre-plan their final wishes in less than 20 minutes. We are seeking a world-class customer service representative to join our team as a Care Specialist.
In this role, you will be the main point of contact for individuals or families using our services. You will maintain the utmost level of care, dignity, and respect as you will be dealing with someone who recently lost a loved one. This role is extremely important to our customer satisfaction and extremely rewarding for the right person.
We are rapidly growing and expanding our operations into new states to allow us to help even more families during their time of need. This is a full-time, in-office position.
- Strong background in Customer Service (+1 years)
- Goal-oriented and driven to succeed
- Adaptable and teachable, with a willingness to learn and improve
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build trust with individuals quickly
- Ability to speak calmly and in a professional empathetic tone at all times
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience within the funeral industry is not required
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Answer inbound calls with questions regarding pricing or making arrangements
- Outreach to family members via phone or text to arrange services and provide updates
- Follow internal communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Ensure all tasks are completed for each case in a timely manner
- Provide the highest level of customer support and care to ensure all families needs are met
- Ensure all necessary documents are created, sent, and signed by the appropriate persons
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Caring -- able to work with and support multiple grieving families a day
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- is very attentive to the details of work and doesn't let things fall through the cracks
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Startup experience -- experience or understanding of high-growth startup company environments
We are excited to welcome a new Care Specialist to our team at After.com. If you are interested in joining us in our mission to revolutionize the funeral industry, please apply now.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional on-call weekend availability
- How are you a good candidate for this position?
- Why do you want to work at After.com?
- Occasional on-call overnight shift (Required)
Work Location: In person