Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Do you champion best practices in software development? Do you have experience migrating codebases from complex, legacy spaghetti code to modern, maintainable applications? Join our team and help our nationwide network of 1200+ independent flooring retailers grow their businesses online. We are scaling quickly -- our platform processes over 1 million leads a year and we need your help to build innovative solutions with this data for our clients.
We're looking for someone with a passion for collaboratively building products and services, who enjoys working solo as well as pair programming, and maintains a beginner's mindset in approaching problems.
We are a remote first Engineering team that values written communication and a collective effort toward maintaining a collaborative team culture. Documentation and async communication are key to our success and allow us to solve problems with input from engineers across teams and timezones.
We strive to give every engineer the freedom and support to fix problems quickly and make improvements as they see fit through our deployment pipeline, testing practices and strong code review culture. We champion automation and our engineers regularly create slack hooks, bash commit scripts, email alerts and other tools that make our work lives easier.
**This is a full time, remote position**
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, from ideation & specification to implementation
- Build a deep understanding of the whole technology stack
- Evolve architecture to support clarity and maintainability - we want our codebase to be beginner-friendly and easy to change
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on integrating between products on different tech stacks
- Advocate for best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, and code standards)
- Adjust team processes according to best practices, while listening for feedback and guiding the team through related changes
- Mentor other engineers to support their continued learning and career growth
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies across the entire org, building team cohesion
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a software developer of interactive web applications
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like — but not limited to — our tech stack: C#, .NET Core, React, Typescript, MS SQL, Webpack**
- Nice to have experience with: Angular, AWS, Redis, Docker, Node.js
- Desire to always learn and grow your professional skill set technically and otherwise
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly through concise written and verbal communication
- A philosophy that quality code and test coverage allows a team to move faster
- A firm grasp of design patterns and how to choose the right one for a given problem
- Passion for writing simple, clear, efficient code for humans to work with
- Proficiency in relational databases
**Don’t have experience with any of them? No problem — a broad range of engineering experience, deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, 4% match)
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home + Remote Office Allowance
- Wellness Resources & Lifestyle Perks
- Calm Premium App Subscription
- Stock Option Plan
Who We Are:
Our mission at Broadlume is pretty simple: simplify the complicated world of digital marketing for the flooring industry. The opportunity is massive, and we have the team to execute the vision…except, well, for you.
At Broadlume, we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Broadlume is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?