Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
Localize is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our 100% remote team.
As a Localize engineer, you’ll be responsible for implementing new functionality within Localize’s core product. On the frontend you’ll work on our React/Redux/Backbone SPA, and on the backend you’ll build RESTful APIs in Node/Express/MongoDB.
As a key member of our remote engineering team, you’ll lead the development of many high impact product initiatives. We’re looking for a strong engineer who works well on a small team and is excited about the opportunity to have a direct impact on improving customer experience.
Click here to apply for this position.
- Implement new features + functionality within Localize’s core product
- Build features and on the frontend within our React/Redux/Backbone SPA
- Develop REST APIs with Node/Express/Mongo that power the frontend SPA
- Be actively involved in product and architecture decisions
- Collaborate with other remote engineers and participate in peer code reviews
- Diagnose production bugs throughout the development cycle
Technologies: Experience with these specific technologies a plus, but not strictly required
- Datastores: MongoDB (Mongoose.js ODM), Redis, S3
- Infrastructure: AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Route53, etc
- DevOps / Misc: Git/Github, Jira, CircleCI, Mocha
Experience and Qualifications:
- 6+ years experience building, deploying, and maintaining production web applications
- Experience building complex Single Page Applications
- Experience writing, maintaining, and integrating REST APIs written in Node/Express
- Experience working with MongoDB and an understanding of common patterns and data structures
- Experience leading large development initiatives requiring collaboration + coordination with fellow engineers
- Enthusiastic about learning, working within, and architecting high impact products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits & Perks:
You’ll be joining a close knit and talented team, with plenty of opportunity for professional growth. We offer compensation + benefits that are on par with large companies, while also placing a high value on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan + 4% matching
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Work anywhere in North America (we are 100% remote)
- Shiny new Macbook Pro 16” (or computer of your choice)
- Monthly stipend for home internet costs
- Generous PTO package
The Localize platform is used by 500+ companies to translate websites and applications into other languages. We help companies like Trello to translate their help center, Tinder to translate their blog, and RocketMiles to translate their web app - to see our product in action, click any of those links and use the website's language switcher to switch from English to another language.
We are a team of 15 people working fully remote. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package, and a culture with emphasis on work + life balance.
Something looks off?