Head of Sales - Transit
Objective of the Position:
At Onward we are on a mission to remove transportation as a social driver of wellbeing and relieve the burden of caregiving. Our Companion Rides and transportation management services help individuals with cognitive and mobility impairments gain access to vital resources including healthcare, groceries, the drugstore, and social connection. We’ve delivered significant, quantifiable results for major healthcare partners and we are just getting started. We are growing rapidly, come join the ride with us!
Onward is seeking an individual with proven government transit program sales experience for our Head of Transit Sales role reporting to the CEO. In this role, you will be accountable for gathering a deep understanding of customer needs and goals, aligning our solutions with customer priorities, and positioning Onward to deliver seamless experiences for individuals receiving our services and ROI for our customers. To be effective in this role you will need to work cross-functionally with operations and customer success to ensure we are aligning our resources to deliver impact for customers. Onward is growing and adapting, the ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and ready to adapt to evolving needs as we scale and grow!
*Note this position has hybrid remote AND onsite requirements with up to 60% travel.
- Sales Strategy Development - Create 1-3 year sales plans, including prospecting strategies, strategies, KPIs, action plans, and overall goals.
- New Customer Conversation - Expand Onward’s customer base through tapping your own network and identifying new prospects.
- Targeting and Positioning - Develop a deep understanding of Onward solutions and how to align them with market dynamics and prospective target customers, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement to our sales strategies and positioning.
- Customer Understanding - Tap your own network of prospective customers and understand the multiple stakeholders involved in decision making. Navigate organizational complexity to get buy-in and support for partnership.
- Resource Coordination - Act as the internal project manager to ensure the right resources are aligned and ready as deals progress through the sales process by coordinating with Operations and Customer Success teams.
- Customer Insights - Provide customer insights and feedback to help inform product strategy and operational execution.
- Sales Process - Use CRM tools to effectively track, manage, and forecast all sales activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep market knowledge of government transportation procurement processes, regulations, and market dynamics.
- Existing strong, referenceable relationships and insights in the transit market.
- Expertise in building new and expanding relationships with channel partners.
- Demonstrated experience working on complex sales.
- Experience with sales tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites on a regular basis.