Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Objective of the Position:
At Onward we are on a mission to remove transportation as a barrier to healthcare and improve health system transportation logistics. We are building solutions to solve healthcare's most challenging transportation problems to deliver improvements in access to care, hospital length of stay, ER utilization, and overall patient experience. Our team works with major health systems like UCSF Health and the VA to provide door-through-door companion rideshare services and SAAS based total transportation management solutions custom built for healthcare. We are seeking a dedicated software QA lead to join our growing company. We are growing rapidly and hope you can join the ride with us!
The Job Overview
You will join our software development team and work closely with our staff to design, build and deliver features to grow our business. You participate in work planning and refinement meetings to ensure that acceptance criteria is well defined. You will develop a testing strategy and test cases to validate new features as well as smoke and regression tests to validate existing portions of our codebase. As a software QA lead, you can put your passion for QA testing to work and help optimize our users’ experiences.
Software Testing and Bug Investigation: Support quality software releases and investigate issues. This includes:
- Participate in feature planning and refinement meetings to ensure that the right requirements are captured and considered as the implementation process begins.
- Develop a testing strategy and test scripts to validate new features and existing features alongside developers.
- Produce software testing processes and test suites that are thorough, repeatable and effective.
- Collaborate with both technical and operational teams to ensure that features are built with quality and that the team is delivering working, tested features on-time and with confidence.
- Lead the investigation of issues and bug reports as they arise.
- Developing a deep understanding of our existing applications and their logic/code, and updating or creating documentation on their functionality.
- Proactively monitor system performance to identify potential issues and risks to infrastructure.
- Develop and automate testing and monitoring processes to improve early identification of issues and to enable efficient testing for releases.
Account Configuration - Support the setup and configuration of new accounts ensuring error free deployments.
- Work closely with operations and customer success to ensure effective configuration and set up of new B2B customer accounts
- Support ongoing updates and changes to configuration based on customer requests or new feature releases.
- Work with customer success to manage and maintain customer configuration data.
- 3+ years experience testing software applications in a production environment with a proven ability to write and execute test cases.
- Familiarity with one higher-level programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, C#, Java, etc.) is required. Experience writing and maintaining automated test cases is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban) and collaborating with a diverse group of teammates and stakeholders is required.
- Experience supporting web and mobile applications is required. Experience configuring and supporting SAAS products is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL is a huge plus.
- Comfort working with engineers and internal customers to resolve issues.
- Adaptable, curious, and a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities.