Head of Finance
At Reema Health, we believe that a personalized, community-based approach to behavioral health care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets members where they are, and understands the community’s resources — can ease those burdens.
Our mission-driven and patient-focused company is seeking an experienced and dedicated Head of Finance who will be responsible for developing and owning the company’s analytical, financial plans and policies. The Head of Finance will report on metrics to optimize Reema’s growth by understanding where efficiencies exist to maximize scalability by market and across the organization. This position will be based in Minneapolis, and requires in-office work.
Reporting to the COO, the Head of Finance will be a hands-on contributor. The Head of Finance responsibilities include overseeing accounting operations, gathering and analyzing financial data, developing models for decision making and preparing financial reports. Ultimately, you will work directly with the leaders of the organization to ensure our operations remain on track to hit company goals.
- Serve as a financial advisor to the CEO and executive team for strategic planning purposes
- Design new financial models to support business decision making
- Oversee all sides of accounting operations, including payables, receivables, payroll and tax preparation
- Develop appropriate tracking methods for revenue and expenses
- Support growth activities including the design of new pricing models
- Prepare timely and accurate analyses, summaries and reports of financial data on the operating progress of the company
- Routinely review revenue cycle metrics to identify and address issues affecting overall performance proactively
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Gather financial data for analysis and forecasting with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance
- Coordinate the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly reports for internal parties, government regulators and outside agencies
- Ensure a company complies with tax laws and regulations specific to that industry
- Manage and supervise all AR/AP cycles with external partners and customers - including the implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Partner with People Team on Equity administration and planning
- Conduct regular audits of expenditures, assets and liabilities
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a related field
- Five to ten years of managerial experience
- Certifications such as CPA, CFA, and CMA are preferred
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance and other regulatory matters
- Adept in fiscal management principles and processes, including resource management and needs assessment
- Startup experience
- Must have authorization to work in the United States of America.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regularly works in an office setting.
- Must be able to work in front of a computer, participate in video calls and telephone calls for long periods.
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All candidates who have received a written offer for this position will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with the company’s policy. Hires are contingent upon candidates producing satisfactory results from the pre-employment drug test.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks.
Reema Health has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic responsibilities have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and assess the prospective employee and/or current employees ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities for this role. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.