Part-Time Community Guide
Location: Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Area
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Part Time, 20-25 hours
Work Model: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and/or weekends
Vehicle Required: Yes
Amount of Travel Required: 25-50% within a 25mi community service area
Reports To: Care Team Manager
At Reema Health, we believe that a personalized, community-based approach to care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets members where they are, and understands the community’s resources — can ease those burdens. Our mission-driven and member-focused company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Community Guide.
This energetic and adaptable Community Guide is an integral part of Reema, a start-up working to transform how health care and social care work together. Reema believes that using technology to support human connection and engagement can be a lifeline for those most struggling to navigate life’s challenges. The Community Guide works to build genuine, positive relationships with members in an effort to improve member’s health and wellbeing. The Community Guide’s work is completed daily through an integrated technology platform to call and text members, schedule community visits, as well as document all interactions. The Guide will be responsible for the full lifecycle of their caseload, including initial outreach to engage members in services, ongoing work with members to achieve their wellbeing goals through connection to health care and community resources, and graduation from the program. A primary strength of the Guide should be excellent verbal and written communication, building strong meaningful relationships, problem solving, and a comfortability in navigating the ambiguous nature of a constantly growing and evolving startup.
This position requires significant time in the field, directly interacting with members. This role is most suitable for someone who is confident in interacting directly with many people, many of whom have experienced trauma and face barriers because of their mental, physical and chemical health.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Provide high quality and meaningful support to members to achieve improved health and wellbeing outcomes:
- Establish trusting relationships with members, reliably provide meaningful and quality support, and follow-through in a timely and appropriate manner to achieve their wellbeing goals.
- Serve a high quantity of members and provide coverage for other Community Guides during periods of absence or increased workload.
- Understand overall goals for the month. Independently organize and prioritize workload with effective time and task management skills to achieve monthly goals and outcomes.
- Actively listen, empathize, and appreciate the vulnerability of members willing to share their challenges. Guides will maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality, seeking consultation and support with complex member situations.
- Utilize text, phone, email and face-to-face interactions appropriately to match your communication approach with each members’ preference.
- Effectively identify and connect members to community and health resources to support member needs. This may include transporting members and accompanying them to access other services. Establish relationships with resources to support Reema’s members as needed.
- Prepare members for graduation by keeping self-sufficiency and independence top of mind.
Complete accurate and thorough documentation and record keeping in a timely manner:
- Utilize the Reema App to thoroughly document all work with members in a timely fashion.
- Understand and comply with confidentiality of personal information and HIPAA compliance.
Provide positive representation of Reema:
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment. See frequent change as an opportunity rather than a barrier.
- Serve diverse members in your community with dignity and respect, as well as build relationships with community resources and customers.
- Partner with Reemates across the company to offer your perspective and learn from others.
Job responsibilities to grow and change as business necessitates.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Health Sciences or other related fields. Years of related experience and subsequent expertise can be substituted for years of completed education towards a bachelor's degree
- 3 or more years of direct experience with population or community to be served and knowledge of community
- Knowledge of crisis planning, case management, boundaries and personal safety in community work
- Proficiencies in critical thinking, time management, strategizing, and multitasking
- Strong propensity towards building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to initiate conversation and create connection quickly
- Ability to develop, adapt, and execute outreach plans
- Basic knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and Video Conferencing required; G-Suite preferred
- Technology proficient
Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Qualified applicants must have flexible and reliable access to transportation, a valid Driver's License, Vehicle Insurance, and a satisfactory driving record
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations regarding patient confidentiality HIPAA
- Use technology-based tools and systems daily
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
- Company-supplied iPad and iPhone
- Technology Stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks.
Reema Health has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic responsibilities have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and assess the prospective employee and/or current employees ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities for this role. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.