Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Model: Remote
Work Schedule: Monday–Friday with occasional evenings and/or weekends
Vehicle Required: No
Amount of Travel Required: 0-5%
Positions Supervised: None
Reports To: Director of Field Strategy and Operations
At Reema Health, we believe that a personalized, community-based approach to care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets our members where they are, and understands the community— can ease those burdens and effectively connect members to health care. Our mission-driven and member-focused company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to serve the behavioral healthcare needs of our members.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is an integral part of our team, helping lead the creation and implementation of behavioral healthcare for our members. At Reema, we believe integrating social and clinical care is the most effective way to support member wellbeing. You’ll see members in an outpatient clinical setting via telehealth. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team made up of Therapists and non-clinical Community Guides to collaboratively provide a holistic approach to member health and support you to work at the top of your license. Our approach is to provide the right amount of care at the right time for each of our members.
Reema is expanding our service delivery into behavioral healthcare, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable helping create the details of our care model within the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup. For the right person, this position has the potential to grow into a leadership role.
- Assess and diagnose behavioral health conditions, both chronic and acute.
- Formulate treatment plans for members in consultation with other members of the collaborative health team as the member’s condition warrants.
- Prescribe psychoactive medications used to treat behavioral health conditions through evidence-based best practice modalities.
- Manage medication for adults of all ages with complex conditions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in behavioral health conditions and clinical care
- Collaborate with primary care providers, psychologists, social workers, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress
- Provide medical or medication education to members, emphasizing mental health promotion and disease prevention as well as the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic mental health conditions
- Support referral for members who need additional specialty behavioral health care (e.g. to an in-patient facility) and advise on treatment plans until members are engaged in appropriate care
- Support post-discharge planning to prevent readmissions
- Provide medical evaluation of patients who are experiencing psychotic symptoms or may be at risk from alcoholism, drug abuse or addiction
- Use EMR to manage member care and coordination with multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to the evolving design and implementation of clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of behavioral health conditions in Reema’s care model
Job responsibilities to grow and change as business necessitates.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of outpatient experience working with adults
- 3+ years of experience working with individuals who have significant mental and chemical health needs and believe that recovery is possible.
- 1+ years of experience practicing telemedicine
- Experience with underserved populations facing socioeconomic barriers to health care
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for mental health conditions
- Awareness and interest in participating in an integrated behavioral health model
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychopharmacology
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner
- Ability to work effectively as a team, interfacing with patients, primary care providers, consulting psychiatrists and mental health specialists, as well as with administrative and support staff
- Working knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and Video Conferencing required; G-Suite preferred
Education, Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- Completion of a master's degree from an accredited Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
- Fully licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner in the State of Wisconsin with prescriptive authority
- Certified as Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or registered with American Board of Registered Nursing, Certified Clinical Nurse Practitioner or National Board on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current and in good standing DEA Certificate
- 18 years of age or older
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations regarding patient confidentiality & HIPAA
- Use technology-based tools and systems daily
- Competitive Salary and Equity Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
- Technology Stipend
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All candidates who have received a written offer for this position will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with the company’s policy. Hires are contingent upon candidates producing satisfactory results from the pre-employment drug test.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks
Reema Health has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic responsibilities have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and assess the prospective employee and/or current employees ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities for this role. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.