part-time accounts payable clerk
about the part-time accounts payable clerk role:
soona is looking for a part time accounts payable clerk that can oversee vendor and contractor payment processing, credit card management and employee expenses. this individual will be highly capable of working independently, detail oriented and will be energized by rapid growth and scale.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
this is a part-time Hybrid position located in Denver that will report directly to the accountant. we believe a hybrid work environment allows our crew to have a balance of productive and innovative work spaces. occasionally coming into the office allows for collaboration and offers opportunity to bring out your inner creative! this role will come into the office tuesdays for collaboration day and a second day that’s up to you and your department leader.
our hiring philosophy:
at soona, we look for representation across all intersectionalities of identities, specifically within underrepresented groups. it is these differences that push us towards innovation, curiosity, and success in our business. we believe in providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by laws or regulations in the locations we operate. this means that timelines of processes may be impacted, depending on our applicant pools.
an ideal candidate can:
- process vendor invoices and run weekly payments
- process bimonthly contractor payments
- manage company credit card transactions
- execute employee expense management process
- reconcile all relevant ap accounts at month end
- assist with year end 1099 preparation
- collaborate with the biz 101 team and offer support as needed
- ad hoc requests as needed
has experience in:
- high school diploma or equivalent (accounting experience preferred)
- exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- ability to effectively address tricky situations and have difficult conversations
- strong orientation toward collaboration, teamwork and problem solving
- self starter with strong organizational skills/detail orientation, ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, value driven environment
we can offer:
- strong hourly rate: $20 - $25/hr for up to 20 hours/week
- intentional culture
- really badass headshots
- share their favorite twitter or instagram feed in their cover letter