sales development representative, marketing agency - hybrid
about the sales development representative, marketing agency role:
the sales development representative (SDR) role with the agency focus is responsible for nurturing inbound leads and developing opportunities with tech partners and marketing & ecomm agencies. this role will support the growth of the business by identifying and creating new qualified accounts through research and prospecting activities, qualifying active buying interest and setting the lead up for the next step in the buying journey.
the SDR is responsible for executing the sales strategy, converting high-quality prospects and maintaining a feedback loop with the sales and marketing team.
success in this role bringing in new customers within these focused markets and working to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual pipeline generating targets.
this is a full-time hybrid position located in denver or minneapolis that will report directly to the Sr. Director of Sales. we believe a hybrid work environment allows our crew to have a balance of productive and innovative work spaces. occasionally coming into the office allows for collaboration and offers opportunity to bring out your inner creative! this role will come into the office on Tuesdays for collaboration day and a second day that’s up to each team.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a virtual shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
an ideal candidate:
- uses various channels, such as email, LinkedIn, social media, and cold calling, to generate leads and initiate contact with ecommerce and marketing agencies
- identifies and qualifies new opportunities with tech partners, ecomm and marketing agencies
- establishes sales process for agency partnerships with best practices to drive revenue
- discovers effective ways to be part of agency revenue pipelines and establishes soona as a strategic content, media and business-driving platform for clients
- is the subject matter expert in soona products and service offerings to be able to communicate our value proposition and how our offerings can assist current clients’ in meeting their marketing benchmarks
- understand the clients’ organizational structure, business model, and online marketing strategies to be able to effectively demonstrate how soona can serve as a better business solution
- work cross functionally with other departments to ensure a strong client relationship, seamless integration, and continued engagement
- collaborates effectively with all soona departments including marketing, accounts, and product
- exceeds goals successfully and strives to be a top performer
- learns quickly while being adaptable to change
- develop and maintain agency-specific sales enablement resources
has experience in:
- 2+ years of sales experience in media or tech
- experience working with independent agencies
- ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, while still being an individual contributor in a high growth start-up environment
- communication, negotiation, process, analytical and presentation skills
- experience with Hubspot is a plus
- proficient with G Suite, Slack & social media platforms
- access to a reliable internet connection
we can offer:
- strong base salary: $55,000-$65,000
- additional performance based commission
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + intentional culture
- really badass headshots
our hiring philosophy:
at soona, we look for representation across all intersectionalities of identities, specifically within underrepresented groups. it is these differences that push us towards innovation, curiosity, and success in our business. we believe in providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by laws or regulations in the locations we operate.