Senior Product Manager
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Headquartered out of Denver, CO, we’re a small but mighty team on a mission to be the best and easiest way to learn at work.
We imagine a world where learning happens in the flow of work. Where employees maximize the minutes of their lives. Where knowledge is contextual, personalized and instantly accessible. Where learning at work is as easy and joyful as it is in our personal lives. This is the future we’re building at Spekit.
Say goodbye to distracted zoom training sessions and lengthy LMS courses your teams will forget. Instead, Spekit takes all of your training & enablement - for applications, processes, sales playbooks, SOPs and more and embeds that training directly in your employees’ tools & workflows, right when and where they need them. Whether that’s a walkthrough to guide you through creating a quote in Salesforce or a competitor battle card to handle an objection in email, Spekit is your learning companion every step of the way. The world’s most innovative companies including Uber Freight, Outreach, Snowflake, Southwest Airlines and Udemy leverage Spekit to accelerate onboarding, drive tool adoption, increase productivity, remove the friction of change management and fuel the growth of their employees - from anywhere.
With $60M in VC funding from top venture firms including Craft Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Renegade Partners and the Foundry Group, Spekit is the ride you’ll want to be on.
About the role:
If you’re reading this, it means you’re looking for a place where you can help build something BIG. Look no further, have we got a challenge for you!
Reporting to our VP of Product, Jodi Mesa, we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who can think like an entrepreneur! This involves embracing risks, creatively solving problems, and driving initiatives that fuel both product and company growth. The ideal Product Manager for our startup needs to be a versatile product leader who can drive product success, move quickly, and navigate challenges and opportunities inherent to growing a business.
We're looking for someone with prior product experience in small-stage companies or a track record of building rapidly-scaling products for a substantial user base. The ideal candidate collaborates effectively across the business, working with architects, engineers, designers, marketers, sales, and other product managers to build products that truly solve problems and deliver value.
At Spekit, we have a hard working, diverse, and supportive team. If you're a do-er who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to be a foundational member of a growing SaaS company, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Define and drive the delivery of the next generation of contextual, intelligent learning solutions Use consumer and market insights to create a platform strategy and features that drive engagement and business revenue
- Develop and evolve a platform roadmap that aligns customer needs, business priorities, technical feasibility and design direction
- Clearly communicate the vision, goals and key elements of new products and features through product requirements to the business
- Deliver products and features that optimize for customer experience while making smart compromises in 10,000 small steps towards our ambitious goals
- You’ll ensure that:
- Our information architecture supports our users in completing their major tasks
- Our core Wiki is a stable and loveable experience
- Our design system and components help Engineers develop consistent, quality experiences
- This role requires occasional travel to Denver and to Pakistan (1-2xs per year)
What you’ll need:
- 6-7+ years experience in product management. Your PM experience must include work at either a small startup or a young company with a product that touches a substantial user base
- Proven track record of leading teams to ship products and experiences of the highest quality within timing and technical constraints
- Ability to influence and collaborate across functions in a distributed empowered team model
- Proven ability to evaluate technologies, articulate customer needs, test, learn and make clear concise recommendationsExperience building design systems, navigational systems, component libraries
- Experience with internal training, documentation and governance as a center of excellence within the technology organization
- Experience owning and migration projects from legacy systems to newer technologies
- Experience managing APIs as products for internal tooling and external development teamsExperience documenting systems and API functionality
- Experience working with our tech stack or adjacent technologies (NodeJS, React, Redux, Typescript, Python (+ Django / Django-Rest), PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Linux)
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation communication skills for diverse audiences from engineering to leadership
- Comfort working with ambiguity as they role will evolve alongside the strategy and product
- An entrepreneurial drive to grow the business and strong organizational and analytical skills
Some traits we’re looking for:
- You think like an entrepreneur! You have a mindset characterized by innovation, resourcefulness, risk-taking, as well as a proactive approach to problem-solving
- You don’t believe in building features, but in solving problems!
- You have deep empathy for the end user, and a passion for improving user experience
- You’re a strategic and analytical thinker, able to blend technology vision and business strategy to deepen client relationships, ability to align technology with business objectives
- You’re not afraid to double click and dig into the real pain points behind a problem before solutioning
- You’ve got an in in-depth understanding of SaaS product economics (or a hunger to learn)
We've got you covered!
- 100% paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic & Optional Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Insurance coverage for the whole family, including flexible spending accounts
- Meaningful equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy with mandatory minimum of 2 weeks of annual vacation time
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open Denver, CO office with the ability to balance your time working from home
- 10 paid holidays days, sick leave, mental health days, and a 1-week end-of-year company shutdown
- Paid parental leave
- L&D stipend that can be used for learning opportunities at your discretion
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company!
Things we value, culture-wise:
Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
Tenacity. The endless pursuit of customer love! We believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team and customers.
Belonging. We strive to build a company culture inclusive of all voices, differences of opinions, and the permission to be our authentic selves. We accept and celebrate what makes us unique and connects us to one another.
Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo. If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!