Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Headquartered out of Denver, CO, we’re a small but mighty team on a mission to be the best and easiest way to learn at work.
We imagine a world where learning happens in the flow of work. Where employees maximize the minutes of their lives. Where knowledge is contextual, personalized and instantly accessible. Where learning at work is as easy and joyful as it is in our personal lives. This is the future we’re building at Spekit.
Say goodbye to distracted zoom training sessions and lengthy LMS courses your teams will forget! Instead, Spekit takes all of your training & enablement - for applications, processes, sales playbooks, SOPs and more and embeds that training directly in your employees’ tools & workflows, right when and where they need them. Whether that’s a walkthrough to guide you through creating a quote in Salesforce or a competitor battle card to handle an objection in email, Spekit is your learning companion every step of the way. The world’s most innovative companies including Uber Freight, Outreach, Snowflake, Southwest Airlines and Udemy leverage Spekit to accelerate onboarding, drive tool adoption, increase productivity, remove the friction of change management and fuel the growth of their employees - from anywhere.
With $60M in VC funding from top venture firms including Craft Ventures, Bonfire Ventures, Renegade Partners and the Foundry Group, Spekit is the ride you’ll want to be on.
Are you looking for a place where you can build something BIG?
Spekit looking for a Growth Marketer who thrives on solving unique business challenges. In this role, you will be a critical player in scaling our marketing programs and testing new channels that will have a BIG impact on our bottom line. This person should not only be a creative problem solver, but should feel comfortable taking calculated risks and testing out hypotheses in order to uncover the most effective strategies that drive pipeline growth.
As our first Growth Marketer, you will experiment, analyze, and experiment again! You will be a core member of our marketing team, building and evolving our marketing pipeline by setting up, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns and test pilots to effectively and efficiently acquire customers.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate is results-driven with a history of exceeding program targets and can quickly adapt and learn new things in a startup environment. We’re looking for someone with a combination of analytical, creative, and driver with empathetic thinking skills. This position will report to the Head of Demand Gen, Angela Romero, and work alongside a team of passionate marketers who are driven by Spekit’s mission to make every employee their best self.
What you’ll do:
- Create hypotheses to test channels, audiences, and messages in order to scale qualified pipeline
- Plan, build, launch, and test new marketing channels to drive revenue
- Run experiments across acquisition channels
- Use your intelligence, experience, creativity, and organizational skills to solve problems with minimal input from others
- Execute on growth marketing campaigns, from developing campaign strategy to driving execution through to completion
- Manage third-party ad platforms and networks
- Track performance on a weekly and monthly basis to make adjustments and improve target KPIs
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams to develop and test new program themes, including writing copy, identifying best practices for landing pages, and developing new creative iterations
- Take initiative in supporting new acquisition channels as the company further diversifies its marketing mix
- Share insights across the marketing team and cross-functional go-to-market teams
- Partner with the sales team to ensure alignment on program follow-up and conversion with an ongoing feedback loop
- Nurture leads with email marketing and lifecycle programs
- Dig deep into analytics to understand what’s working and what’s not and adjust strategies accordingly
What you’ll need on Day 1 to be successful:
- Prior experience directly building and scaling efficient growth marketing programs, including paid, organic, and email
- A growth hacker mentality, with experience testing and scaling new channels (e.g., affiliates, partnerships, and influencers) to drive sales or a proven ability to learn, test, and scale new channels quickly
- A mind for experimentation and curiosity, with the courage to ask “What if?” and question all assumptions
- A combination of creativity and analytical skills to make small bets — testing channels, messaging, audiences, and more — to in order to maximize conversions and scale programs
- Comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Adaptability and ability to problem solve and effectively prioritize workflow
- Superb written and verbal communication skills 3-5+ years of growth marketing experience (preferably in B2B SaaS)Experience working across paid and organic channels and platforms
- Proficiency with HubSpot and Salesforce
- Bachelor degree
- 1st round: (45 mins) Hiring Manager Interview with Angela Romero, Director of Demand Generation
- 2nd round: (45 mins) Interview with Mandy Schnirel, Head of Marketing
- Take-Home assignment: Designed to assess critical thinking, process & experimentation
- 3rd round: (1.25 hours) Interview with Christina Brady, Head of Sales, and Courtney Scheidt, Director of People
- Final Round: (30 mins) Interview with Mel Fellay, CEO
We've got you covered!
- 100% paid employee Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic & Optional Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Insurance coverage for the whole family, including HSA and FSA options
- Meaningful equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy with mandatory minimum of 2 weeks of annual vacation time
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open Denver, CO office with the ability to balance your time working from home
- 10 paid holidays days, 9 days sick leave, 3 mental health days, and a 1-week end-of-year company shutdown
- Paid parental leave
- L&D stipend that can be used for learning opportunities at your discretion
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company!
Things we value, culture-wise:
Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
Tenacity. The endless pursuit of customer love! We believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team and customers.
Belonging. We strive to build a company culture inclusive of all voices, differences of opinions, and the permission to be our authentic selves. We accept and celebrate what makes us unique and connects us to one another.
Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
About the Team
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo. If this sounds like the right place for you, we'd love to chat!